Hey, I need some help overclocking my CPU on my XFX 780i.
I was going to change the FSB to 400 and the CPU multiplier to 7.5, but in the BIOS it says it only goes up to 7. Now I have no clue how to update the BIOS. My "friend" was trying to tell me how, by mounting the ISO file to disk and booting off it. But I have no disks and he reckons you can somehow boot it off the disk you mounted the file to.
So I suppose I'm asking 2 Questions.
Is there any way to OC with only using a 7x multiplier and reaching 3000Mhz I wanted to keep a 1:1 ratio aswell.
Or does anyone know how to boot off the mounted disk through daemon tools. (I just mounted it to E:, so it's not on a CD)
I was going to change the FSB to 400 and the CPU multiplier to 7.5, but in the BIOS it says it only goes up to 7. Now I have no clue how to update the BIOS. My "friend" was trying to tell me how, by mounting the ISO file to disk and booting off it. But I have no disks and he reckons you can somehow boot it off the disk you mounted the file to.
So I suppose I'm asking 2 Questions.
Is there any way to OC with only using a 7x multiplier and reaching 3000Mhz I wanted to keep a 1:1 ratio aswell.
Or does anyone know how to boot off the mounted disk through daemon tools. (I just mounted it to E:, so it's not on a CD)