• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Overclocking noob needs help concerning CPU-Z

Aelfgeft

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 8, 2005
Messages
2,343
Okay, got the following setup (if you can't see my sig)

Asus A8V Deluxe Rev. 2.0 Bios 1014
Venice 3000+ Rev. e6
XP-90 we/ Vantec 92mm TDH9238
2x256MB Crucial Ballistix PC3200
1x1024MB Corsair ValueSelect PC3200

Now, in CPU-Z, my memory clock shows up as 100MHz. Is that right? Shouldn't it be 200MHz? And if so, what can I do to take care of that problem?

Also: Managed to get a stable 2.5GHz going, but my memory was reading at 139MHz. Now, I thought this might be a result of the regular speed being divided by 2 since it's DDR, but I've read that there is no way ValueSelect memory will get up to 278MHz, so I'm thinking my RAM is underclocked.

Edit: and yes, I've read the sticky.
 
It says Ballistix and then you said value select memory??? I don't get it.

Anyway, there is no way your memory is underclocked that much. CPU-z shows your actual ram speed. So it is running at 278mhz.

Edit: sorry didn't see the 2 different memory sticks there. :eek:
 
So it is only supposed to show half of the true memory MHz speed in CPU-Z then?

If so, I seem to have stumbled upon some of the best ValueSelect memory ever made :eek:
 
My cpu-z shows my ram at 200mhz and its pc3200. I think you're running the 2:1 divider. Why dont you check your bios? I highly doubt that crucial value can clock that far past DDR500 Speeds.

you should probabliy be running at 5:4 with crucial value and an oc'ed venice.
 
Ahh that might be the ticket...says 2:1 in the memclock CPU ratio...I think they got it backwards. Thank god it's a good board or I'd be really paranoid. Thanks! :)
 
Aelfgeft said:
So it is only supposed to show half of the true memory MHz speed in CPU-Z then?

If so, I seem to have stumbled upon some of the best ValueSelect memory ever made :eek:

It's not a good thing because its supposed to be running at 200mhz. Which is PC3200 (400mhz effective). It's actually running at 278 effective.
 
When i first booted my new computer the ram was only running at 166mhz, i had to manually set the divider to 1:1 in order to get 200mhz. That was with normal pc3200 value ram though, the same did not happen when i put in my OCZ.
 
Back
Top