• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Overclocking newb

Northern

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 7, 2003
Messages
91
Ok I'm running a 2.8c and pc3200 Mushkin 222 (new version stuff) is 2.8v safe for that ram? Thats the next step on the AI7 board I have it goes 2.65 2.7 then jumps to 2.8
Also volts less than < 1.7v is best for pentium 4 correct. I'm at the 240fsb area and thats about the limit it looks like with a Zalman7000 and a Vantec Tornado. It seems as though the ram is the limiter though I have yet to have it hit 200mhz x 2 without getting errors. Should I RMA that ram? If its not doing its rating?
 
First of all, 2.8v is very safe for DDR. It's practically default. Infact, it falls within most manufacturer's optimal voltage range.

Second, yes, you want to stay below 1.7vcore on your P4, only go above if you have extreme cooling, but even then its sort of dangerous.

Lastly, if it's the Mushkin "222" special, that mean's it's BH-6, but it should do 2-2-2-6 at 2.8 volts. If it isnt doing that totally stable then I would RMA it.
 
Hate to add a second question to this but why would I be getting 3dmark01 se of 4890 score? I have a All in wonder 9200 even for that card isn't that extremely low? Its set at 8x agp.
 
Originally posted by Northern
Hate to add a second question to this but why would I be getting 3dmark01 se of 4890 score? I have a All in wonder 9200 even for that card isn't that extremely low? Its set at 8x agp.

9200 is a piece of crap IIRC, slower than the 8500.
 
Its your 9200 thats really crippling you. I would upgrade that as soon as u can.
 
Originally posted by Dojo | Warlord
, yes, you want to stay below 1.7vcore on your P4, only go above if you have extreme cooling, but even then its sort of dangerous.



on a P4 it isnt sorta dangerous bro, P4's suffer from an insanely high death rate at higher vcores..i think it was anything over 1.75 or 1.8v i forget right off hand.
even with extreme cooling...your still killing it by way of electromigration
 
Back
Top