Overclocking my setup BASICS (Please assist this n00b)

RanceJustice

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey everyone... I know that I'll probably get one or two RTFM responces but finding the proper FM has been pretty difficult.

Currently I have a system that a friend put togeather for me in part (the watercooling, I don't trust myself to do it yet on my own hardware) and overclocked it a little bit. The system is an Asetek waterchill system using tygon tubing and filled with distilled h20 and switftech fluid. I have a waterblock on the 9800 Pro's GPU as well, and a proper heat echange fan cut in the top of the case. I'd really like to take my system farther.

With that said, where do I start? I'd like to know what's a good target speed for both the CPU and graphics card. I'd like to OC without melting anything

The CPU- I know I'll need to use some utility (cpu-z?) or something to see voltages and the like. Hell, what Temps should things be running at? What temp sensors should I use? Since I have an ABIT board I know they report as being a little hot. I don If you guys tell me what to look for I'll post them asap.

The GPU- I have RadCLocker installed and can go about changing the core and ramclock speeds. How to I know if anything is to high?

Thanks everyone. WIth a little kind advice I'd like to get my 3.0p4C up to the 3.6-4.0 I see others OC to. All additional specs are in my sig. Thanks

As far as knowing if your graphics card is over-overclocked, you will start to see artifacts, and 3d applications, 3dmark, games, will start to hang and crash to desktop.

Back