• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Overclocking my processor

Hot Sauce

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
154
I've got an AMD Athlon XP 2200+ processor, and I want to overclock it. Right now its set at 1.81GHz, but I have no experience with overclocking. Do you guys think you could help me out? Am I going to need a cooler, or any other hardware to overclock the processor?

Can anyone take me through the steps to overclocking a processor?

Thanks alot.

Edit: Currently reading the overclocking FAQ..
 
350 Watt PSU (Very cheap unit)
Gigabyte GA-7VAX AGP 8x
eVGA GeForce 6600 GT 128 MB GDDR3
60 GB Maxtor Hard Drive
1GB DDRAM
AMD Athlon XP 2200+

The FAQ was interesting.. but very complicated. I appreciate all the help I can get, thanks.
 
well...

what did you get out of the reading?

its VERY explicit, did you understand it?
 
I understood the basics, damages, and risks, etc. But I'm not sure how I should do it. I'm pretty sure I can't do it from my BIOS. The person that created the FAQ had some links to programs that allow you to overclock from your desktop, but as he said he can't recommend them since he hasn't used them. What technique is most typically used?
 
i have a 2200+ in my 2nd rig. Ive gotten it up to 2.25ghz with a divider. I wouldnt expect much out of that chip. I did mine in bios thanks to my abit nf7 2.0
 
What is a divider, what is abit nf7 2.0, did you need any extra cooling, and could I do the same thing as you?
 
Sorry i cant offer any help but im goin to be in the same boat as you. So im goin to watch this thread closely and see if i can pick anything up form it as well instead of starting a thread that will pretty much be the same as this.

I dont have a 22o0+ tho, mines a 2500+ -M with a NF7s -2.0 (NF7 is a motherboard, heyt i did help a little :) )
 
Back
Top