• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Overclocking my eVGA 6800GT?

S

SpeedRunner

Guest
I want to overclock my 6800GT to 6800 Ultra speeds. Flashing the bios isn't necessary right? My card runs at 350mhz stock. Do I need to mess with the memory settings? I heard that 6800GT was fairly easy to raise to Ultra speeds. Are there any known consequences to this in games? And how do I overclock my video card anyway? Thanks for the help. :)
 
No flashing will be needed. Since you seem to be a beginer to OCing your video card may I suggest a nice little app called coolbits for you. Its a simple little reg edit that lets you adjust your core and mem speeds.

You can pick it up at www.guru3d.com if you want.
 
Awesome. Runs at Ultra speeds with no visible problems whatsoever. Maybe I'll get some different cooling and go even higher. :D
 
Good Work SpeedRunner!

If you want any more help you can AOL IM me at Pepper7181979 :) or just pm me here :) There are other apps available to tweak even further :)

Oh and if you're interested in more cooling I will suggest the zalman cf-700 only because I purchased the Thermalright V-1 and the install is horrid and the instructions are very very very lame.

On the flip side the performance is insane :)
 
Yes, thank you for help. :)

Hey, do you know of any program where I can monitor my card's temps while in game? I noticed when I close out games and check my temps, the tempurature drops quickly. Its hard to tell what I'm getting during games.
 
No I don't know of anything like that, maybe if you ran a game in windowed mode you could quickly take a peak.
 
Back
Top