• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Overclocking my 1100T

the_cheeky_badger

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 15, 2006
Messages
75
Hi Guys,

I've overclocked my 3.3Ghz 1100T to 3.8ghz using the CPU multiplier only (19x), although it passed the benchmark and stability tests ok with a high temp of 42C, when I start playing GTA IV for a while it eventually blue screens.

I dropped to 18.5x to achieve 3.7Ghz and that seems more stable, however if I wanted to go higher am I correct in thinking it time to start pumping more voltage in? If so, how much should I increment by and what is the ceiling for the Phenom 1100T?

Thanks!
 
Need to provide more information.

Whats your current voltage?
Whats your current RAM and RAM voltage?

When I had my AMD Phenom II 965BE to get it to 3.9ghz I had to pump a good deal of extra voltage into it.
 
Voltage for CPU is 1.225

RAM is Corsair Memory Dominator 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz running at 669.7Mhz with a FSB of 200Mhz and FSB:DRAM of 3:10 so it runs at 1333Mhz. Not sure about RAM Voltage, can't seem to see it specifically on AMD Overdrive or CPU-Z, is there somewhere I should be looking for it?

ta
 
Yeah thats WAY too low for the 1100. At 3.8, start at 1.4. That would probably do the trick. Use Prime95 as your benchmark/stress test. If it can handle that for at least 4 hours, itll handle any game you throw at it. Run it longer if you can but I consider 4 hours to be the minimum.
 
Ok, clocked at 1.4 - Just out of interest I ran a benchmark in GTA and i get 1 FPS better at 3.8Ghz! Is that about what I can expect? Kinda expected a little more :p
 
Yikes....jumping from 1.225v to 1.4v right away...really? I would start adding small increments of voltage until you find it stable @ 3.8GHZ...no need adding extra voltage and heat needlessly.
 
Ok, clocked at 1.4 - Just out of interest I ran a benchmark in GTA and i get 1 FPS better at 3.8Ghz! Is that about what I can expect? Kinda expected a little more :p

it means you aren't cpu limited.. try going for 4-4.2Ghz and see what you get.



Yikes....jumping from 1.225v to 1.4v right away...really? I would start adding small increments of voltage until you find it stable @ 3.8GHZ...no need adding extra voltage and heat needlessly.


not really, i always start at 1.4-1.45v find my max overclock and then either go higher or work the voltage down to the lowest stable voltage, its a hell of a lot easier to do.
 
it means you aren't cpu limited.. try going for 4-4.2Ghz and see what you get.






not really, i always start at 1.4-1.45v find my max overclock and then either go higher or work the voltage down to the lowest stable voltage, its a hell of a lot easier to do.

That is correct if he was going for the highest OC, which I thought he wasn't (only 3.8GHz) until his last post. My point is it was almost stable at 1.225v and going right away to 1.4v is just ridiculous IMO when a small bump in vcore probably would have done it.
 
But it wasnt stable. If its crashing after just an little bit of gaming, it would totally collapse under Prime95 after just a few minutes.

I also dont think it really was at 1.22. Stock voltage should be 1.325 and 1.22 would be what its at with Cool n Quiet enabled and under idle at 800 MHz. Default voltage for Turbo mode is 1.475 which is only 3 cores at 3.7 GHz so 1.4 is not ridiculous by any means for all 6 cores at 3.8.

Speaking of Cool N Quiet, go into the BIOS and disalbe this. This feature will make your overclock a little less stable as well.
 
My 1090t hit 4GHz at 1.4v. I'm assuming the 1100t is close to similar results.

Then again, like others said, when I started OCing, I steadily raised voltage by increments to arrive at that voltage, and I stopped at 4ghz because I was limited by heat
 
Youre lucky. My 1090 wont do 4 GHz at all and still be Prime95 stable. I went up to 1.55 Vcore and stopped there. Was skeered to go any higher. Not fretting too much about it. This is a gaming rig and the frame rate increase was tiny compared to 3.8 vs 4.0 so it doesnt affect my performance any, just my pride.
 
Youre lucky. My 1090 wont do 4 GHz at all and still be Prime95 stable. I went up to 1.55 Vcore and stopped there. Was skeered to go any higher. Not fretting too much about it. This is a gaming rig and the frame rate increase was tiny compared to 3.8 vs 4.0 so it doesnt affect my performance any, just my pride.

Not too sure but maybe your mobo has to do with it. I ran my 1090t with an Asus m4A89TD Pro, which was an incredibly stable board, held up to over locking CPU, gpus, and memory without trouble. I really liked that board.

Edit: it may have been 1.416v, can't remember now exactly
 
I suspect it is my board. When I built this rig back in 09 I didnt plan on becoming a big overclocker so I bought a solid midrange board instead of a beefier one. Thats why I always preach buy a little more than youll think youll need. That way youre covered in case you decide to do more cause motherboards are a bitch to upgrade.
 
yeah my 1075 will not do 4ghz stable.. im running in to mobo limitations as well running the FSB / HTT out of spec even 100mhz makes it unstable in prime 95. 1.4v @3.8
 
Back
Top