Overclocking Limits? Sad Face

IAmSpoli

Limp Gawd
Hey there guys, I've been OC'in and it seems like no matter what I do, I can't get past the 229FSB.

I have a Socket 939 Venic 3000+
MSI Neo-4 Platinum
I tried 512 of PC3500 and 1 gb of PC3200 and got the same results both times

I raised voltages for memory, cpu, and even nb to try to get this to work. I lowered HTT and Multiplie. Everything by the book you would say.

Loosened memory timings..I swear I tried it all

Is it safe to say 229fsb x 9 multiplier is my cpu's limit?

On that note..anyone wanna trade for something that can OC :)

Have you checked the max board and mem clocks? It may be your mobo or your memory are limiting you...

Retest with a single stick of RAM. I have a funny feeling that you will get 2 entirely different OCs between the two sticks.

ive gotten it to 280 fsb [neo4-F{same as yours(-4 SATA)}] turn off "aggressive clocking" in the cell menu. 2.8 ghz with PC-2700 and stock heatsink :D :D :D {I got a 3000 venice too with the 9X mult.}

There is a bug with the bios on that board. I ran into this issue as I have the same board as you. The latest BIOS available will resolve this issue :)

Anime_Fan said:
There is a bug with the bios on that board. I ran into this issue as I have the same board as you. The latest BIOS available will resolve this issue :)

The whole board is a bug.

Thanks for the help guys. I'm going to try with one stick and hopefully i'll be able to do some damage.

I updated bios to version 1.9.

I'll bbl with results

On my board every BIOS except 1.3 and 1.9 refuse to POST higher than 220 FSB. With 1.9 and stock NF4 volts I can reach 325 FSB P95 stable (with a low multiplier and RAM dividers of course!). My board doesn't seem to have any other bugs...

Back