• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Overclocking I7 memory is at 600mhz?

jarablue

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
May 31, 2003
Messages
1,696
Hey guys. I overclocked my I7 the simple way. The only thing I tweaked was the BCLOCK. I put it at 150. Should I tweak any other settings in my bios other then BCLOCK?

The one thing I did notice was that my memory was running at 600 mhz. Should it be running that low?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys!

:)
 
Adjust your memory divider to get what OC you need, you might need more dimm voltage if you up the OC past 1800mhz, I think you're are probably at 1.65v already at these speeds.
 
Ok. Is that normal speed though for ddr3 and my bclock running at 150? I'm running CPUZ and I am seeing my memory at 600mhz. Is that normal for my OC? I don't want to underun my memory and have a high clock speed 3150mhz.
 
Your BCLK does a few more things than just determine your overall CPU clock on the i7 platform. It also determines your QPI, memory, and uncore frequency. Depending on what you set your BCLK to, you'll also want to adjust your QPI, memory, and uncore multipliers. There are a couple guides to be found and forum posts here as well, but generally you'll want to set your QPI multiplier to x36, your memory multipler to something that will get your RAM as close to its rated speed as possible, and your uncore multiplier to twice your memory multiplier +1 (not sure the reason the exact reason behind this, but seems to be the commonly agreed upon setting for the uncore multiplier). You also may or may not need to adjust a few voltages to ensure system stability. Hope that helps.
 
Could you help me? I have set my BCLOCK to 150. What should I change my other settings to? Everything is running stable as a rock and I have tested with intels cpu burn app. What should I change my QPI, memory and uncore with a BCLOCK at 150?
 
what you are forgetting is that you are seeing the actual memory speed.. 600mhz.. 600x2=1200 DDR3.. so your memory is a little slow.. there should be a option in the bios where you can change the multiplier so its as close to 1600mhz as possible..but at 150 BCLK you dont really need to mess with anything except your memory.. if you run into stability issues trying to exceed 150 BCLK then you need to change the memory multiplier.. then continue overclocking.. its really only til you hit 180-190 BCLK that you have to start screwing with everything else..
 
Last edited:
Ok so basically right now keep 150 BCLOCK and find the memory multiplier to get me to 800x2=1600. Find a way to get my memory to 800?

Thanks again. :)
 
Back
Top