Overclocking i5 2500k

MrOreo

n00b
Joined
Jan 30, 2011
Messages
7
I'm a new overclocker and I'm getting nervous going any higher atm. Here's my current stats. Please give suggestions and advise as I would like to hear all the comments i can.
MSI P67A-GD65 with the i5 2500k and h70 cooler.

PLL Voltage Override Auto
CPU Ratio x 48.0
Base Clock (MHz) 100.0 MHz
CPU Voltage (V) 1.375 V
CPU IO (V) 1.1900 V
CPU SA (V) 1.1900 V
CPU PLL (V) 1.8000 V
PCH 1.05 (V) 1.0500 V
DRAM Voltage (V) 1.5267 V

F3-12800CL9-4GBRL
Speed DDR3-1600 (800MHz)
9-9-9-24

If I try to go to 4.9GHz I blue screen at the current voltages.
 
Did you enable loadline calibration? No idea what its called on MSI boards; it might be called vdroop control. If you didn't, then you're definitely going to crash on load because your voltages will drop possibly to 1.3v during loads. Use cpu-z or hwinfo32 to see what your voltages are moving to at load.
 
Back
Top