john10687

n00b
i need help overclocking because basically i know nothing about it i have a

AMD Athalon XP 2500+ @ 1.82 GHz
Asus Via KT600 Series Motherboard
512 MB Ram
Seagate 7200 rpm 120 GB Hard Drive
Radeon 9600 pro Video Card

i just dont know what to do in the bios to oc it.

Your bios could be different than mine, Go to the tab that says Frequency/voltage control, up the fsb a few MHZ and reboot. Run some benchmarks to test for stability. keep upping the fsb untill you start seeing stability issues. If it works fine at a certian fsb then lower it a few mhz for a cushon. Also remember to keep an eye on the temps, Make sure you have a good a Heatsink/fan. good luck

you need watercooling

tape off all the openings, and fill it with water.

boshi said:
you need watercooling

[Dr Cox]
Ooh! I love newbie theatre!
[/Dr Cox]
:rolleyes:

boshi said:
you need watercooling

ARE U AN F'N IDIDOT...I MAY BE NEW TO HARD FORUM BUT I AINT RETARDED...I INSTALLED AN AIR CONDITION SYSTEM. I USE R-134A REFRIGERANT IT'S USED IN CARS. U JACKASS! SO KEEP LAUGHIN

nah im just kiddin...i laughed my ass off cause thats funny stuff what he said...imagine if someone did that lol

john10687 said:
ARE U AN F'N IDIDOT...I MAY BE NEW TO HARD FORUM BUT I AINT RETARDED...I INSTALLED AN AIR CONDITION SYSTEM. I USE R-134A REFRIGERANT IT'S USED IN CARS. U JACKASS! SO KEEP LAUGHIN

Nah, most cars use r14.

but really, I'm not trying to mess with you. Its just so googleable.

It's R-12 Retard And It Was Outlawed In 1993 Because It Eats Away The Ozone Layer

WTF IS GOOGLEABLE?...."thats like a bunch of retards tryin to hump a doorknob," patches o'hoolihan from dodgeball

http://www.overclockers.com/ Check it out all the information you need plus some....and what he was saying by "googleable" is why dont you search google cuz you can find out just as quick or even quicker to search for what you are looking for.. and the big sticky thread on top of the overclocking forum gives you links to just about all the overclocking places....

Back