• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Overclocking help please!

Polygon

n00b
Joined
Sep 16, 2005
Messages
4
Hello,

I've been trying to o/c my rig recently. My CPU is a P4 2.6C and running on a 865PE chipset.

So far I have got it to 3.0 ghz, I had to up the voltage of memory and cpu. All is stable and fast. I used two instances of Prime95 to push the CPU to 100% and no problems.

I also did the memory test for a week, all goes well.

My problem is my graphics. I have a 6800GT and I am encountering weird gfx glitches.

I did not change any AGP/PCI speeds or AGP voltage so I thought this could be the problem.

Should I up AGP voltage and/or change the AGP/PCI bus speeds? I don't know what to set the bus speeds at.

Please help, TIA :D
 
AGP voltage wont actually give you more volts to your video card but it will give you more volts to your northbridge chip. You can try to up it as your northbridge chip may be wanting some extra volts from your OC.


What kind of glitches are you getting? Artifacting? Did you OC your 6800?
 
Heya Anime_Fan,

I have never overclocked my gfx card. The glitches I get are like polygons moving whenever I start a 3D App. CSS, FarCry, Doom3, etc...even 3DMark.

The desktop and other stuff are fine. Just 3D graphics.

It's like I just see random colored triangles being drawn on the screen with the 3D content.

Thanks :)
 
Oh!! I have experienced this when I have dual view enabled. Do you have your svideo hooked up to anything? If so try setting this to Single Display and see if that helps.
 
Dual View isn't enabled. Also S-Video is not hooked up to anything.

I'm thinking maybe it's something to do with my ram. Weird thing is errors arn't showing up in Prime95. Heat can't be a problem, I bought some copper ramsinks for that.

Also, Iv'e noticed something interesting, when I run with the following settings:

CPU multiplier: 13
FSB: 230
Clock: 3.03 Ghz
Gfx Errors: None

I change the FSB to 233, so I can get to 3.0Ghz and the Gfx errors start.

I am start to think my ram timings may be wrong? I haven't messed with those.

Thanks :D
 
Back
Top