• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Overclocking Help for a noob

PookyPooka

n00b
Joined
Oct 14, 2008
Messages
2
Hi, I'm a complete noob at overclocking as in never done it before really, but I know a bit about the bios etc. So this is my setup: Gigabyte 965P-S3, Core2Duo E6300 @ 1.86GHz, Geforce 7900GTX, and 4x512mb DDR2 800MHz, all in an Aerocool ExtremEngine3T Case.

I was hoping someone could help me with step by step (and by step by step, I really mean really simple and in layman's terms) help in overclocking my computer to a respectable speed as I have read my setup is really nice to overclock.

I have tried upping it from 266, but cannot get very far without having to take the CMOS battery out as my screen won't display anything.

Thanks.
 
Back
Top