• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Overclocking guide

scoop

n00b
Joined
Mar 3, 2005
Messages
23
Hi, I'm a system builder, but I'm new to overclocking. I seem to remember HardOCP posting an overclocking guide on the front page sometime in the past year. Does anyone else remember this? I want to read it over before I try anything. Incidentally, here are my system specs:

Athlon XP 2600+ w/ Thermalright SP-97 heatsink
Epox 8RDA+ motherboard
Gainward Geforce FX 5900xt w/ Arctic Cooling NV Silencer
2 x Crucial 512mb DDR 2700 (no spreaders)
3 x 80gb Western Digital Caviar SE HD
Lian-Li PC-7B case

some other junk, too

pics here:

http://www.gamerprime.com/scoop/titan/titan1.jpg
http://www.gamerprime.com/scoop/titan/titan1.jpg

I'm really looking for something comprehensive, but any help is appreciated.

Thanks
 
well someone is gonna tell you to use the search function... if you read the stickies in the top of this forum there's this guide however there are other ones. not just on the hard either... google overclocking guide or specifically athlon xp overclocking guide and i'm sure you'll get a few hits.
 
Back
Top