Overclocking GTX260

The threshold for the cards is usually 100C but if you just keep the fan at around 30-50% you can get a moderate OC without breaking 55-60c
 
I wont let mine get beyond 70C by raising the fan speed, it actually runs under 60C with a healthy overclock @ 60% fan.
Others opinions will vary but bear in mind that the silicon has a maximum operating temp that is NOT an average and the averaged temp you read from the sensor does not tell you how hot critical points get.
So if running say 80C, spot temps may exceed the silicons rated max temp.
Not good for those little spots.
 
I am running EVGA Precision Tuning and ATI Tool. Is that a good way to check for artifacts and watch temps? Also is it bad to run the fan at 100%? I am new at this if you can't tell.

Thanks for all help
 
I am running EVGA Precision Tuning and ATI Tool. Is that a good way to check for artifacts and watch temps? Also is it bad to run the fan at 100%? I am new at this if you can't tell.

Thanks for all help

Its bad for your ears :)
 
When I OC my card. If I OC it 25mhz core do I OC memory? If so, how much?

As far as it will go, why do you need to ask this?
Clock everything as far as it will go and remain stable/within good temps or as far as you are happy with.
 
So do you take up the memory the same amount as the core of does it matter?

Sorry to ask so many questions but I do appreciate your time

Thanks
 
Back
Top