Overclocking GTX 590

Daemas

Gawd
My friend recently ran into a EVGA Classified GTX 590 at Microcenter for $209.. I traded him my 2 GTX 460s and a 24" monitor for it and am looking to overclock it as far as I can.

Currently I have it at 680MHz core, 1750Mhz mem. AFAIK, I cannot overvolt the card without installing 1.5+ yr old drivers. I cannot flash a new BIOS either as the nvidia drivers upon loading the OS will kick card back to max .913v.

Is there any way to eek out more Mhz? If I added a 200mm fan to the side of my Corsair 650D, thereby lowering temps (MAX is 80 in heaven benchmark), do you think that that would allow me to go any higher?

how the fuck did he swing that? a 590 for $209?

They had an issue with exploding capacitors. Might think 3 or 4 times before overclocking one.

how the fuck did he swing that? a 590 for $209?

They had an issue with exploding capacitors. Might think 3 or 4 times before overclocking one.

It was originally purchased whenever they came out and returned for whatever reason. Card was sent back to the Service Depot to test and see if it really was defective. (On expensive stuff like that, only stuff that is actually defective goes back to the vendor for credit). Only thing was, I guess it sat there, waiting to be tested, for like 8-9 months. So when it got back to the store, it'd been marked down to like 250. Clearanced down to 209 because it was already opened.

AFAIK, never regestered and works prefectly (minus the subpar OCing, but I can hardly call that a negative)

Back