• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

overclocking E8400 w/DFI LT x48

Joined
Jul 4, 2005
Messages
601
I was able to get the cpu to do 4.2G fairly easily, getting over that proved very difficult though, wasn't able to hit 4.3. I read posts of people getting 500 fsb, but I couldn't get it that high, I even followed a guide on anandtech that says how to get 500 fsb w/ this board, the settings wouldn't work at 4.3 though, they were using a pretty low vcore too, I didn't get it.

So I can get 4.2 stable (haven't tested for a long time yet), but my memory has to run at ~945, or I can get 4.0 with dram at 1069. with 4.2 the closest i could get w/o going under 1066 was ~1154, which threw tons of errors in memtest. this memory doesn't seem to want to go over 1066 at all, even with dram v at almost 2.2. does anyone who has this memory get over 1066? i have my trd set at 8.

My question is, is it better to have the memory set as high as i can get it, at 1069, w/ the processor running at 4.0, or to have the processor at 4.2 yet sacrificing some mem bandwidth by running it at ~945??
 
I would suggest you to run benchmarks like pcmark or sandra to compare 2 different setting.
Numbers don't lie.
In real life it doesn't really matter that much. I'll pick the most stable setting.
 
I would suggest you to run benchmarks like pcmark or sandra to compare 2 different setting.
Numbers don't lie.
In real life it doesn't really matter that much. I'll pick the most stable setting.

yeah, that'd prob be the first scenario w/ 4.0/1069, since 4.2 was on the fringe, that's what i was going to go with. at this point i just want to get it stable too, 4.0 is pretty sweet, i like overclocking a lot, for fun, and mostly the performance gain, but at a point, it's enough already and i just want to get on with some games or something.
rlr
 
Back
Top