Overclocking E6600 for the first time

M4573R

Gawd
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
522
I've never overclocked before but I'm trying to get my system to run a bit faster for the newer games. I've read articles on overclocking with my motherboard ( P5N32-e SLI ).

I curious what to do with my ram along with my cpu. I'm running my clock speeds unlinked atm, my ram is left on auto/default. My cpu is running at 2.7 (up from 2.4) with no voltage change. However I can't find a good articles for overclocking ram. Do I need my clock speeds the same? The FSB and the RAM? Can I lower timings? Never done this before so I don't really want to experiment until I get some input from more experienced people.
 
Indeed that is a good article, I've read over it a few times. But the most I get out of it about ram is that running in asynchronous will give small speed advantages and more heat. I'd like to hear from someone who has overclocked an E6600 or similar and some ddr2-800. If I were to run 1:1, I wouldn't feel comfortable raising my fsb to 400. How does changing the ram clock compare to changing the timings? Things like slower timings and higher clock, or lower clock and faster timings.
 
Back
Top