• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

overclocking e5-1620v2 retail

  • Thread starter Deleted member 82943
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 82943

Guest
the chip is plenty fast, but i'm [H] so of course I want to OC it. I've got a P9X79 and a coolermaster 240mm cooler in push pull. Seasonic 660xp psu - too little wattage and xmp corsair ram rated at 2400mhz that I run at 1866 for now.

I know bclk OC'ing is my only bet so i was wondering if anyone else had tried this and what results you got.

thanks
 
I think you'll find more than bclk overclocking if your board supports it.

The xeon 16xx series v1-3 are known to be unlocked.

Have fun ;)
 
I think you'll find more than bclk overclocking if your board supports it.

The xeon 16xx series v1-3 are known to be unlocked.

Have fun ;)
Not all E5-16xx Xeons are unlocked. The E5-1620s are generally known to be locked (unlike say the E5-1650).
 
Back
Top