Overclocking contest

e-geek

Gawd
Ok i was thinking maybe we should have an overclocking contest with a series of benchmarks where we tally up our results and thats the final score.

I was thinking air/water and maybe different classes for people that have extreme cooling (liquid nitrogen etc), crossfire/sli, olders pc's and so on. (would have to work it out with feedback)

Benchmarks i can think of that might be suitable: 3Dmark series, aquamark, super pi, wprime, geekbench, cinebench - feel free to suggest suitable bench's.

I guess really i'm wondering if anyone would be interested, maybe if we ask nicely the [H] could donate some small prizes or something (+ they could then manage the prizes so no1 gets ripped off), maybe even we could donate some old/unused hardware if you have some sitting around as spot prizes.

Would be good to hear some feedback on whether people would be interested, what classes there should be, what benchmarks to use and what the situation would be with the prizes. (i will contact kyle and link to this thread to see what he thinks)

thanks.

Could be fun. There needs to be more rules involved. Like length of time here at [H], or maybe certain number of posts, or both. That way if the contest does happen, you don't have a bunch of people create new accounts just to join.

Good idea , it should also be classed by amd or intel and if you want more detail from there break it down to 45nm, 65, nm ,90nm and etc

Thanks for the feedback :)

70 views and only 2 ppl interested... - if you're interested in the slightest just post something so i can tell whether there would be enough ppl.

heck id be interested in it.. but one idea would maybe having it as a 2 part contest.. say total percentage overclock on the cpu from stock.. then have a total system benchmark contest..

the first part mostly is due to me finally finishing up my W/C rig on my athlon 64 3200+ and finally got it to run stable for 24 hours @ 3.4ghz(2ghz stock).. if this happens it may give me a reason to blow the chip up by trying for 3.8ghz on it which i know is possible on water..

3dmark, aqua mark, cinbench10, and maybe a 15 minute run of furmark for the gfx cards.. the reason for the furmark and cenbench10 would be to show what the biggest contributor is to the 3dmark score.. since 3dmark is pretty much cpu bound at the default settings.. though if you ran it at say 1920x1200 then it would be much more gpu bound.. but then that would cause more categories to be created.. say highest 1024x768 3dmark score.. highest 1280x1024 3dmark score.. etc. etc. etc..

but overall i like the idea and it would be fun..

Back