• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Overclocking causes my sound issues

Jap1987

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
271
Just recently ive noticed my games such as FEAR and Battlefield have had sound popping issues. At first i thought i might have ruined by Audigy 2 when i took apart my comp to clean it. Well I uninstalled everything mobo drivers, display, etc...when i reinstalled everything it worked fine, so i thought maybe drivers were messed up or it wasnt seated properly. Since i uninstalled my display drivers my video card went to default clock speeds, so I reset my overclock to where I had it and there was the problem again. Why would my GPU speeds affect my audio?
 
A little info on your hardware would be helpful, but I'm guessing:
Go into your BIOS and set your PCI clock to 33.33Mhz...?

Edit: Sorry I just realized your talking about your GPU speeds :( Don't think this will help
 
Yeah prolly not because i already set that, but thanks for the reply. Im stumped!
 
Yeah thats where i placed it before uninstalling everything, no luck.
 
Back
Top