• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Overclocking ATI 9200

EinsteinT

n00b
Joined
Dec 6, 2003
Messages
14
I got a 9200 and I want a bit more stable FPS while I play counter-strike. Would you guys recommend me overclocking this? I only have one fan on my computer and I really know nothing about OC. Could someone help me out?
 
that thing should run anything that came from half life perfectly... trust me...
 
Yea but it's weird I used to get 100 FPS constant unless a smoke grenade was thrown I would get like 72 minimum. Now I've noticed that it goes down to like 30 in smoke. And sometimes when there's a big firefight it goes down to like 90. It didn't happen before but it happens now. Why?
 
did you change any system configurations? update/change drivers for anything? was this on a previous version of Half life? keep in mind that even 30 FPS is not that bad and that the ideal minimum is around 45-60 depending on your taste.... 30 jsut when someone throws a smoke grenade is not that bad.... keep in mind that that game came out in like '98.... it's kiddie's play for all graphics cards these days
 
get a better card, 9200s stink, if i had had the choice i woulda rather had a geforcemx
 
are you nuts dude? at least the 9000 and 9200 have pixel shaders... the MX cards are fucking crap....especially if you play a game like UT2k3....or anything actually....
 
LOL. yea anything from Nvidia with the letter's MX next to it is total crap. The Radeon 9200 series blows away the GF4 MX's. It's a Radeon 8500 essentially with a bit lower clocks. I'd much rather have a Radeon 9200 in a budget/secondary system then a GF4 MX.. :/

BTW: I believe the 9200's are clock locked.. :/
 
Originally posted by Dojo | Warlord
LOL. yea anything from Nvidia with the letter's MX next to it is total crap. The Radeon 9200 series blows away the GF4 MX's. It's a Radeon 8500 essentially with a bit lower clocks. I'd much rather have a Radeon 9200 in a budget/secondary system then a GF4 MX.. :/

BTW: I believe the 9200's are clock locked.. :/

Not JUST lower clocked... they're castrated 9100 cores :(
 
Well I used to have an Mx440 actually haha. But then my dad got a new computer and the 9200 came with it. I don't believe I changed any new settings. It's just kinda annoying when my clan is scrimming and we do a smoke rush and in the middle it gets mad choppy and I can't see much.
 
i have a 9200, but theyre locked, ive tried everything from radclock to rade3d overclocker, they all dont work, i used powerstrip, it worked but then i started getting a lot of artifacts so go slowly, tell me if anyother program works for you
 
You might try omega drivers (google it, i dunno the URL off the top of my head)

They've been known to unlock some pretty... locked cards.
 
I use power strip but only for the brightness boost. It's hard to see those dark corners in CS without it.
The only thing I know how to do with Pstrip is ctrl alt +/-
 
Back
Top