• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Overclocking A64 very different from Athlon XP?

DaLurker

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 23, 2000
Messages
1,681
I'm thinking of jumping the boat and getting an Athlon 64, but it seems to me that overclocking an A64 is quite a bit harder. I guess the thing that throws me of is what is hyper transport? How does that affect my overclock and or CPU speed?

The other thing I'm slightly confused about is with the AXP, it was often discouraged to run the FSB out of sync with the RAM, but with the A64's, I'm getting the impression that it is a good idea to run a higher FSB and run the RAM out of sync, is that true? I figure that's the only way ppl get 365mhz FSB on their DFI NF4's without getting some space age RAM.

I guess the last tidbit is how does the S939 A64 3000+'s overclock? What's usually the max voltage you would put through there? And if I have 2 sticks of 256 and 1 stick of 512, can I use it like that? or do I have to use it in Pairs?
 
there's about 10000 threads on this topic, try the search option
 
Back
Top