Overclocking a Shuttle SK41G

Sheldog23

Limp Gawd
Hey guys,

New to the forum and I have read through several threads here and you guys know your SFF. So I thought I would get some input.

I have a SK41G, well at least it used to be, it's now in a custom case I made but thats beside the point. I have an XP2400+ with a Poseiden shuttle WC kit installed with 1G of Gail Ultra PC3200, and a Smart blue Antec 350W PSU.

I have so far OC'ed it to 2.18 and it sits under load at 51C seems very stable. I think I can get it to 2.2 but want to make sure I don't kill it. Should I run Prim95 or Loop 3Dmark or Something to stress test it as I go up.

Basically what I am asking is how best to determine stability when OC'ing

51c seems a little hot, but yes prime 95 is the way to go. Do it for a few hours if your system doesn't crash, then immediatley play far cry for an hour or so (or until it crashes or lock), if it still doesn't crash then feel free to push it a lil more. The idea is to stress the system to see how it will react in a real world load. just keep an eye on those temps!

Mach5

yeah, I ran Prime 95 for several hours and then Played Doom3 for about an hour. It ran great. Got up to about 53 in the temps. I think If I put it at 2.2 it would get up to 60 under load and I think that might be too hot.

Geeez this is a sloooow forum here. lol Anyway you can try it man but if your temps get in the 60's I'd try to back off a bit. A couple more hertz arn't worth ruining your proc.

Just my 3 cents,

Mach5

Back