Overclocking a Lenovo desktop

RamonGTP

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
8,149
I'm looking for a creative idea on how to overclock this Lenovo desktop I recently acquired. A little background first...

Power supply in this thing went out, damaging the hard drive in the process. My client didn't want to spend the money on new parts+my labor and elected to order a new Dell workstation instead, so I took the computer home. Put in a spare HD and PSU I had laying around as well as a 9800GT and it has turned into a pretty decent secondary gaming machine. It has a G31 chipset and a Pentium Dual Core e5200 processor with 4GB of ram.

I've got a few games that would love just a little more processing power. Dirt2 for example is definatly playable, but in landrush or rally cross races the fps can dip into the high 20's in the first few corners when all the cars are bunched up on the screen.

From what i've read, the e5200 is a great over clocker. 3-3.2GHz seems to be child's play and many have gotten well past that, obviously it being an OEM PC cripples my ability to OC but i'm still wondering if anyone has any creative ideas? Software based OC? Also, based on my research, this board is manufactured by Biostar. If anyone knows of any sites with modded bios' I'd be willing to give that a try as well. I'm not afraid to expirement on this box!
 
Back
Top