• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Overclocking a K6-2 500mhz

Borgschulze

2[H]4U
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
3,579
Ok, I have my Cardboard Box setup while I wait for my Zalman heatsink for my Sempron.
Click here for leet pictures.
Motherboard is the latest revision GA-5AX
I've tried overclocking it with the DIP switches but that didn't seem to work, maybe I didn't do it right?
Cmon' make this box (pun intended) [H]ard.
 
im hjavin the same problem

have an old k6-2/500 i was tryin to overclock to 550...simply change the multiplier to 5.5 instead of 5, but it owuldnt post, so i upped the voltage a bit, i think 2.4 or something, and it would post, boot, but windows would have a corrupt file on boot and it wouldnt make it into windows....swapped heatsinks, and eventually gave up cuz it just wouldnt do 550mhz.

the board i was usin only let the multi up to 5.5 aND the fsb up to 100, so i was kinda stuck there. but meh its given up now
 
If I am not mistaken this board lets it go up to 133mhz FSB and I don't know about the multiplier.
 
Back
Top