Overclocking a Car

Brahmzy said:
Nice WRB '05 Xy...

I've got an WRB '05 as well (best year and best color) :)

I'm only Catless Protuned Stg 2 (stock turbo) but up here at 6,200 feet, it's enough to keep any Vette or other American V8 turd at bay, hehe. Excluding of course the C6 ZO6.

cw1s1qr1.jpg

Ya got the Wrong color Rims, should have went Gold :p
and engine mangement is U-Tec
Nice Picture, here's one of a good stance on mine
Picture was taken before latest upgrades... hence no front mount inner :p
Picture262.jpg

Haha! Let's keep the '05 Scoob thread alive!!!

WERD.

...and Xy, ya need to clear dem headlights man! :eek:

Brahmzy said:
Haha! Let's keep the '05 Scoob thread alive!!!

WERD.

...and Xy, ya need to clear dem headlights man! :eek:

Thats a old pic, i was just showing the nice Stance the car sits in,
i took those when i first got the car :p

Citizen _insane said:
I'm scared whats going to happen to SM2 when the Sky's and Solstices start flooding the used market. They handle really well from the factor from what I've heard and they are a far cry from underpowered too. They're also American built so you can expect them to depriciate very quickly. I could see one winning the SCCA nationals in the next few years in STS2 or something.

Maybe at the local level a decent driver could do decent with a Sky or Solstice, their benefit over the miatas in SM2 will be the large rubber they can fit, that is my problem is I can only run 225/50/15s without fender flairs. However at the national level they will weigh more than the RX-7s and about the same as the corvettes, not to mention the new Z06 will probably be in SM2. Its still gonna be an RX-7 and corvette game. Oh well I am driving Gary Thomasons Z06 at nationals this year since my co-driver bought his car.

Nice Cars, I've been looking into getting of one those, but I still don't know what to get. Anyways, your U-tec system cost you $4k? Is that US dollars? Or did you say you spent $4k on the whole fuel system, because you got ripped if you spent $4k on the U-Tec ECU, because my friend bought one for around $1200.
Another question, how is the reliability on those cars? Did you have any problems with the Subaru?

-(Xyphox)- said:
Ya got the Wrong color Rims, should have went Gold :p
and engine mangement is U-Tec
Nice Picture, here's one of a good stance on mine
Picture was taken before latest upgrades... hence no front mount inner :p
Picture262.jpg

No problems with the Subarus - this is my 6th and is the only thing I buy. AWD+Turbo kicks a$$.

Very solid cars.

Oh man I'm loving this thread even though I don't have a Rex oh man how i love them :D much love to all you guys that have them :cool:

Brahmzy said:
No problems with the Subarus - this is my 6th and is the only thing I buy. AWD+Turbo kicks a$$.

Very solid cars.

Yep AWD+ 0 Turbo Lag = TUNS OF FUN!!

And the 4000 was with instal and tuning

ThirtySixBelow said:
I'm assuming you take this to a track then.

once in awhile, usually its just street. I just wanted a nice fast ride, and at 400hp it was fast, but not fast enough for me :p

Missed that post, You made it sound like you spent 4k just for the ECU earlier.

warlock said:
Missed that post, You made it sound like you spent 4k just for the ECU earlier.

No that was with tuning... Tune Shops Rape ya.. i droped a lot of money there :rolleyes:
Had to to when i had first turbo installed last winter, and again this spring with new turbo....

But thats the great thing about the UTEC, if you pick up a broadband, you can tune yourself. You just need someone driving.

warlock said:
But thats the great thing about the UTEC, if you pick up a broadband, you can tune yourself. You just need someone driving.

Yeah i can do that, but i'll leave that to the pros ;)

warlock said:
wideband ;)

Blauman said:
Having owned several NA 4 bangers (all hondas) getting 20hp out of a RIO is impossible wiht just a intake and header. Better tuned engines and FI engines will benifit much more. On my 03 RSX type-s with an intake, according to dyno's, made about 13 more hp, which, in all honesty wasnt terribly noticeable. Bigger engines also benifit more from better airflow. And some engines are tuned so well and breath so well from the factory that anything aftermarket is just for show and noise, Honda S2000 is a great example of this. Honda squeezed just about every last NA ponie out of that little 2litre motor, that nothing besides changing internal engine parts or FI would make significant gains. Plus with the RIO good luck finding intake systems other than something like the K&N air filter replacement. I mean hey, there is nothing wrong with modding what you got, but I wouldnt go into it thinking you will be making earth shattering numbers from basic bolt on's. If anything it will sound faster.

your right, not all cars benefit from some upgrades. But I have yet to see one that doesnt improve gas milage and power due to less pumping loss. and did I say anything about finding a kit? REDNECK IT! you think you can buy custom parts and call your car custom? try making the easy stuff... exhaust and intake.... up to the manifold you can do it all yourself... Me and my redneck wisconsin buddies have done it on everything from honda's to buick 307's even a 1.6L merc tracer... by the way, my 84 park ave with a 307 went from 18MPG highway to 24MPG with all home made upgrades...

my next project (in process of getting parts) is to retrofit a 2001 4.0L out of a jeep Gr. Cherokee into my 74 Gremlin (fuel injection and all).

I used to have the Apexi SAFC which basically just tricks the ECU into thinking there is more/less airflow going into the motor which makes the ECU dump more/less fuel. But the SAFC sucks, it only controls fuel(not timing as well) and is pretty useless when you use a larger set of injectors(like 650cc+).

My next setup is going to be a 95 Eclipse EPROM ECU along with the Ostrich ECM Emulator. Basically allows you to change or even add things to the ECU code. If something is not there, just add a few lines of hex and you can edit it with a program called Tunerpro RT. Wonderful peice of software :)

Here is my beast(minus hood, this picture is old):

sethmo said:
I used to have the Apexi SAFC which basically just tricks the ECU into thinking there is more/less airflow going into the motor which makes the ECU dump more/less fuel. But the SAFC sucks, it only controls fuel(not timing as well) and is pretty useless when you use a larger set of injectors(like 650cc+).

My next setup is going to be a 95 Eclipse EPROM ECU along with the Ostrich ECM Emulator. Basically allows you to change or even add things to the ECU code. If something is not there, just add a few lines of hex and you can edit it with a program called Tunerpro RT. Wonderful peice of software :)

Here is my beast(minus hood, this picture is old):

jeep guys do the same thing, but they use variable resistors to dial in the sensor augmentation... if you mess with the right sensor the ECM will ajust timing...

Back