• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Overclocking 9600XT

ro88o

n00b
Joined
Aug 21, 2004
Messages
38
I have a Connect3D 9600XT and want to overclock it. I have Atitools and I'm gona let it find the max memory and core speeds - will I need to install any more cooling ?

I don't want to use water cooling but would be happy to put a fan blowing across or down on the GPU if this would make a difference, what do you think ?

Vort-X
 
Installing better cooling is always a good idea, but it's not necessary. Just see how far you can push it and if you're satifisfied, well then save your rmoney. The only real way to see a big performance jump is to buy a better card obviously. I've never used ATI tools find max speeds option before. I usually just slowly push the card up manually and whenever it starts to freeze, I back off a little. As long as all your games are stable, you should be fine. The fan blowing down on it might make a difference. Try it and see what happens :)
 
Back
Top