Overclocking 5850

exe163

[H]ard|Gawd
What tool should I use? My Asus 5850 is on water, so temp is not a problem. Asus bios is pretty good, the only limitation is voltage. Although it does come with an Asus in house software to overvolt it, but I find it not worth the trouble to as the interface is sub-par and cause some annoying issues.

Can you guys recommend me an alternative OC tool that allows overvolt? And what is the max voltage/temperature this card can take?

I have that installed. It only allows me to change core clock and mem clock, just like CCC.

You have to go to the options screen and unlock voltage monitoring and control. By default now, they're not enabled. This was done to keep "un-knowledgeable" people from messing with things they have no understanding of and killing cards.

You have to go to the options screen and unlock voltage monitoring and control. By default now, they're not enabled. This was done to keep "un-knowledgeable" people from messing with things they have no understanding of and killing cards.

Thanks, I thought it was locked because my BIOS didn't match.

What's the max safe voltage I can go without frying my card?

i would say +0.1v should be fine, so 1.16 stock to 1.26, depends how adventurous you are.

Thanks, I thought it was locked because my BIOS didn't match.

What's the max safe voltage I can go without frying my card?

I've been running at 1.3v fine. Just keep an eye on temps, especially the VRM temps. You'll need to use GPU-Z to read those sensors, and as long as you're keeping them under 90C you shouldn't have any trouble.

VRM Temps sensors are shown here with yellow box around them.

also how are you cooling those VRMS? with those stuck on heatsinks? Most are reporting they are not doing a good job in keeping them cool. Those are going to be the hold back. Seems the VRMS run veery hot on the 5850s. Your GPU will overclock great, but your VRM are going to get very hot, and not OC well. As others have side, keep and eye on their temps.

Back