Overclocked Core2 hiccup

infin@

Gawd
Soooo....had my new system up and running for just over a month, super happy no problems what so ever. Then I shut my computer down for around 1 1/2 to take a nap. Hit the power switch and I get the old "please reboot and select boot device" message. WTF. So i reboot and my raid 0 array is showing as the default boot drive, try again....same thing. So i drop the windows cd in and try to do a repair....now it says no previous os installations found. So i think F*&$, one or both hds failed...unlikely there both a month old Hitachi desktar 7k250's; drives that i used before with no problems...plus the array is still showing in the bios. I do a drive diagnostic which reviels that both drives are sound physically, (phew), but the data is corrupt s*&$. So reinstall xp pro everythings fine, turns out ocing can corrupt your os. I've ran memtest many times no errors, and locked the pci to 100mhz, 33.3mhz etc. What else can i do to ensure this doesn't happen again. Thanks everyone.

im willing to bet that your boot device still isnt set up correctly. unplug the usb thumb drive!

no thumb drive was present at the time....starting to think that asus ez raid could have been the cause. Sucks because the P5w DH only has 3 sata ports plus the two for ez raid. I have a sata dvd writer plus another hd, so im stuck with it for now.

Oh yeah to much Overclocking can ruin a persons day. In the past i came across this kind of problem atleast 13 times over the span of 9 years. In fact just lately while trying to OC this new setup of mine windows had to run a test for corrupt data. Seeing that reminded me to not OC anymore, but meh what the hell, i never learn anyways ;)

Back