Overclocked CD-RW :D

Andrew87

Limp Gawd
Just overclocked my LiteOn LTR-48246S to a LTR-52246S :D. I just thought I'd share this because I didn't know it could be done until just a few minutes ago when I did it :).

Here's a nice little link for LiteOn drives: Overclock.

:) Well all the sites I found about it refer to it as overclocking, although I did sorta make it sound like I overclocked a CD-RW disc :p.

My LiteOn is recognized as a 52246S and now can read and burn at 52X. I'm guessing I may be able to backup SafeDisc 3.0 now as well; I tried 2.90 before when it was a 48246S and that worked fine :).

Originally posted by Probiotico
I've a LG CD-R/RW 12x8x32x. can I do oc with my young :)P) cd-r/rw?
Well, you can..... but it requires removing the metal casing and manually spinning the CDR with your fingers.

DONT LOOK AT THE LIGHT!

Originally posted by angrybusdriver
Well, you can..... but it requires removing the metal casing and manually spinning the CDR with your fingers.

DONT LOOK AT THE LIGHT!

yeah id say your fingers could spin a cd faster than that thing.

You can also overclock a liteon 411 DVD burner to a liteon 811 DVD burner. Just thought I would share that.

my 16x liteon is one revision off from being a 24x burner:mad:

i saw this thing a while ago, and went looking for something for mine. i have the 1610b and i need the 1610a or 1610c (don't remember which one it was, i looked at it a year or two ago closer to when i bought the burner) i saw a site with a bunch of burners listed w/ firmware updates, but mine wasn't one of them.

anybody know if you can flash the liteon 52x24x52, to a 52x32x52?

I had a friend a few years back with (I believe) a 4x burner (not sure what brand/model, it was a while ago), with which there was an online guide on "overclocking" it. Basically what he did was remove the casing and manually do something to the lasers I believe- something to do with the alignment, a risky procedure- and as a result increased his burning speed by about .2 or .3, which, back then, was actually a pretty decent amount. That's the only burner I ever remember hearing about something like that for, I just wish I could remember the brand or model.

Originally posted by jamezzz122
This is the smae thing as a "flash" right?

Yes, it's flashing your drive with a firmware not intended for your burner. I technically didn't overclock my drive because the 48/12, 48/24 and 52/24 are all based on the exact same hardware apparently, so the drive is technically an early revision of a 52/24 with a limited firmware. I think I read the only true overclock was a 32x drive > 48x because that flash is based on different hardware. To apply the unofficial patch you need a patcher and a binary for your drive (please don't mention anything about obtaining these binaries for forum rules reasons).

Here's a FAQ for which Lite-Ons can be overclocked:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42344

Probiotico, Lite-On produce some of the best optical drives along with Plexator, their drives are usually able to defeat copy protections the best and before other companies etc. This is particularly handy if you want to make a 1:1 backup of a game which you legally own. Sorry I'm not sure if you're drive can be overclocked, perhaps a search on google will help?

Back