• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Overclock

Phantom25

n00b
Joined
Oct 21, 2009
Messages
33
I overclocked my Intel Pentium D 805 2.66ghz to 3.0ghz using stock Intel fan cooler.

In bios i had an option to set: CPU Precision Mode which changes the cpu FSB and RAM equally. There is also CPU/MEM manual mode when used and raising CPU FSB the ram is going up but alittle around 533. Which option should i use the first one or second one? currently im using the CPU Precision Mode i got my DDR2 533 ram set to 650 and CPU FSB equally.

My CPU temperature is around 56-60 C with overload. Is that ok?

My Vcore is set to 1.344V. When i go to 3.5ghz it doesnt wanna boot to windows...
 
Last edited:
I heard those 805's can overclock very far.

Check this topic for other experiences with the 805's temps and OC. They seem to push the vcore above 1.4 to get their results, but it depends on what type of cooler you have. I remember my Pentium D 820 becoming completely unstable whenever temps got above 72 C on the stock cooler, so you probably don't want to go past 70 C. I think your current temps are about average for the 8XX because they run way too goddamn hot.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/189420-29-post-pentium-temps

If your motherboard can handle Core 2 Duo processors (if it's Asus I bet it can't. God I hate Asus), you could maybe get an E4300 1.86 GHz for $40. Those overclock extraordinarily well (sometimes by 100%). I had one at 3.1GHz. An E4300 overclocked to only 2 GHz is actually better than a Pentium D 805 at 3.5 GHz. An E4300 at 3 GHz would blow the 805 at 3.5 GHz out of the water completely being 200-300% faster at most programs and games.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, hehe, unfortunetly i have an ASUS motherboard. Currently got it overclocked to 3.35ghz idle at 59-60C on overload. Got the RAM overclocked aswell from 533 to 670. Whats the highest RAM overclock i can do? and does it need to be cooled? Also if im going to overclock to 3.5ghz or more the Vcore needs to be changed to 1.4V?
 
Last edited:
Whats wrong with ASUS? They make some good stuff.

They have some really beastly overclocking boards as well.

The Gigabyte I just switched to is nice as well, but I must say the BIOS on my other ASUS was much nicer as far as the layout.
 
Are you sure it is instable because of the temps? What are you checking temps with?

If you are still at 59-60C under load it should not be instable because of the temps.
 
The temperature is good but what happens when playing a game my computer restarts by itself. not high enough Vcore?? i have it set to 1.4 and overclocked to 3.5ghz having 57C temperature.
 
Solved: in bios i had it set to 1.4V vcore. I changed it back to Auto: 1.344V and works great, so the voltage was set to high.
 
Back
Top