• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Overclock weirdness...............

CounTDookU23

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Messages
439
Ok heres my story........... I have been chugging along with my 3800+ X2, BFG NF4 Motherboard and some 3200+XBL Patriot memory. I was doing 2.3ghz easy stable on both cores up until yesterday. I was shutting down my computer and for some reason the hard drive just kept on giving that working hard sound and the rest of the computer continued to shut down. The hard drive kept spinnning. So i went to reboot and it gave me a checksum error on the post screen. So i figure it was just some weird bug. So i clear the cmos and put my settings back to what they were before................... and my baby wont boot. Ok i tried a lower OC to see if anything could work above stock and no go. I have a 680w thermaltake PSU. And at stock settings 2-2-2-5 and 1T i have no problems booting or performance wise in windows. Could something like that have damaged my memory now that it wont OC? Please let me what you guys think.
 
It doesn't sound like a memory issue. Sounds like a temp/voltage issue to me.


Give out your OC settings such as HTT, HTT Multi, CPU Multi, Mem Divider etc etc etc.
 
alright so i went back in and tweaked a bit more. Heres my settings..................


Patriot PDP 3200XBL (rated to 533mhz or higher) 2-3-3-6
No divider on memory
HTT 4X
CPU Voltage 1.425/ Memory 2.7 and Chipset 1.65v.....

I was running fine at 2.3ghz with 1.65 chipset voltage. After that weird shut down that occured i got a checksum error. I kept trying to go back in with the settings that i achieved my OC with. The kicker was the chipset voltage.................... I went back to 1.6 and now all is ok.................. OMGWTFhax. Before i had to raise it to 1.65 in order to pass prime.


I wonder what made the computer shut down all weird like............ fans cut off, cpu cut off but hard drive kept going. Ran prime on both cores for 9 hours............ all is good. Tested out a few games for awhile and no problems.



Funny i just about gave up and thought the memory had gone bad. I know there was no way to undervolt with a 680watt monster and an xp90. Dont give up folks!!! i almost did ,,, tee heee
 
Back
Top