After 2 months of 24/7 running I think my memory is showing signs of degradation of the chips.
I ran 8x450 for that whole time, gaming, browsing, programming, watching videos, listening to music, encoding, burning dvd etc All the while, ambient temps have gone from 28C to something around 20C, with today hitting ambients of 18C with me considering closing my window permanently.
To hold this overclock of 8x450 I had to decrease timings to 5-5-5-15 from 5-4-4-12 AND bring up the voltage from 2.1 to 2.2V. My ram is rated to 2.2V, but not to 450mhz at the stock 5-4-4-12 timings. To be sure the board or CPU was fine, I have another 3.6 9x400 set of settings with minimum voltages for everything except cpu and ram, did a 24hr+ prime run and it ran fine, changed only the ram, timings, fsb and multiplier to get it stable at 8x450.
There it is, you can still fail prime 2 months later! 4hr, 8hr, 12hr, 24hr doesn't always guarantee a perfect oc!
Also, I'd like to recommend the Asus P5K premium board as a great overclock board...
I ran 8x450 for that whole time, gaming, browsing, programming, watching videos, listening to music, encoding, burning dvd etc All the while, ambient temps have gone from 28C to something around 20C, with today hitting ambients of 18C with me considering closing my window permanently.
To hold this overclock of 8x450 I had to decrease timings to 5-5-5-15 from 5-4-4-12 AND bring up the voltage from 2.1 to 2.2V. My ram is rated to 2.2V, but not to 450mhz at the stock 5-4-4-12 timings. To be sure the board or CPU was fine, I have another 3.6 9x400 set of settings with minimum voltages for everything except cpu and ram, did a 24hr+ prime run and it ran fine, changed only the ram, timings, fsb and multiplier to get it stable at 8x450.
There it is, you can still fail prime 2 months later! 4hr, 8hr, 12hr, 24hr doesn't always guarantee a perfect oc!
Also, I'd like to recommend the Asus P5K premium board as a great overclock board...