Overclock lockups....

Xenozx

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
2,127
OK, so I have my PC overclocked to 3.7ghz (machine in my sig) and it can run 4 core prime 95 for 15 hours strait. I can play 2k4, and other games pretty much problem free (did have one lockup in titans quest hte other day tho) but, if I surf the net, or move files arround, or do just general computing sometimes my PC will just freeze and lock up. What would cause this? I know im not the only one having this problem, cause my friend with a E6420 experiences the same thing. hes fine when running 4 core orthos, but when hes just hanging out on his desktop he might get a lock up here and there.

Now it doesnt happen every day, more like 1-2 times a week.
 
I'd suggest running Memtest86+ to double check that your memory OC is stable.
 
Back
Top