Overclock help

Hey guys this is my first time every overclocking a CPU, i want to over clock my sock P4 630 3Ghz HT to 3.2ghz can i over clock safely to this speed with the stock CPU Fan with 4x 120mm case fans?

Your hardware wont even notice its runnign at 3.2. Modern processors generally can do 10% OC's with stock or even lower than stock voltages. Aim higher.

my idle temp is 40s and when on load or gaming it reaches 60s? thr reason i don't want to OC it to a 3.6ghz because i am scared that it will fry.

Im ordering a 630 CPU as we speak, over at xtremesystem people are doing 3.8-4.5 ghz on BOXED AIR COOLERS, you just need a good mobo.

delusion_2005 said:
my idle temp is 40s and when on load or gaming it reaches 60s? thr reason i don't want to OC it to a 3.6ghz because i am scared that it will fry.

Nothing will fry. It will behave erraticaly. When it does, turn down the voltage/fsb, whatever. You wont kill your CPU.

I have a prescott 3.0E Ghz with stock fan. In my pc i have just 2 fans(one on side panel and heatsink) I raised the fsb to 227 and I have overclocked it to 3.4ghz. Temps are 70c at 3.4ghz or 3.00 doesnt matter. I think i need a good heatsink cooler. The system is stable. i still havent tried playing a game..

cocaloca said:
I have a prescott 3.0E Ghz with stock fan. In my pc i have just 2 fans(one on side panel and heatsink) I raised the fsb to 227 and I have overclocked it to 3.4ghz. Temps are 70c at 3.4ghz or 3.00 doesnt matter. I think i need a good heatsink cooler. The system is stable. i still havent tried playing a game..

70c :rolleyes: wow.....

The overclocking guide said that over-overclocking shouldn't cause any permanent damage. Why not just see how far you can push it until you dare go no further?

Back