• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

overclock degrading over time

codeflux

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 28, 2002
Messages
2,530
i don't get it - used to run my 2.8 @ 3.4, but last night kicked off Prime95 and keep getting errors and/or reboots... played with voltages, timings - to no avail. clocked it back down to 3.3, and now it's all fine... strange...

good thing prescott is coming out soon - i'm not even going to try to stabilize this one, just wait to upgrade. that, and my videocard is pissing me off - i want R420 already! :D
 
i used to have an XP1800+ and it used to do 2.2 when it was new then 8 months later it would only do 2.1 stable
 
I am struggling thru a similar issue.
I had a 3.06 that ran 4002, then 3910 then 3700
Put in a 2.8 that was stable then I had drop that back to stock speed as well.
I put in a 3.2 that I couldnt clock up at all.
Put the 3.06 back in and it wont run more than 3.06 now.
I think its the board so I'll be taking out the IC7-Max3 and putting in a P4C800 deluxe soon as I have the time
 
my northwood 2.53b used to run at 3100, now i can't get past 2.85 without stability problems. i bought it nov 2002 i think.
 
Originally posted by Wraithblade
Clean the dust out of your heatsink recently?
Aside from possible degredation from overvolting, this is what your problem most likely is. I've had similar problems only to look under my fan and find a layer of gunk covering a good portion of the airflow path.
 
Back
Top