Hi,
I have a quick question. I know there are many reviews on different CPU coolers at stock and Oc speeds. Many of us know the stock cpu provided to us by a CPU company is really meant for stock speeds at the most. I am not using the Stock cooler by the way.
Alright. Specs of my main rig are in the signature. I am using a TT Big Typhoon original version. The base has been lapped. In my quest to push my Q6600 to 3.1 and beyond I feel like I am running into a wall. I understand not every Q6600 SLACR G0 core will go to 3.6. However, is it possible the CPU cooler is holding back the overclock? I am thinking along the lines of the CPU cooler is not being able to dissipate the heat fast enough when the CPU cooler is at full load.
I do know about my voltage adjustments and the such. I am wondering if a CPU cooler fan or the whole cooler itself should be looked at.
Let me know what you all think.
shaggy
I have a quick question. I know there are many reviews on different CPU coolers at stock and Oc speeds. Many of us know the stock cpu provided to us by a CPU company is really meant for stock speeds at the most. I am not using the Stock cooler by the way.
Alright. Specs of my main rig are in the signature. I am using a TT Big Typhoon original version. The base has been lapped. In my quest to push my Q6600 to 3.1 and beyond I feel like I am running into a wall. I understand not every Q6600 SLACR G0 core will go to 3.6. However, is it possible the CPU cooler is holding back the overclock? I am thinking along the lines of the CPU cooler is not being able to dissipate the heat fast enough when the CPU cooler is at full load.
I do know about my voltage adjustments and the such. I am wondering if a CPU cooler fan or the whole cooler itself should be looked at.
Let me know what you all think.
shaggy