overclock ati x850xt

kenham40

Gawd
Joined
Apr 3, 2001
Messages
943
I used ati tool last night on my new x850xt (agp), got it to 543.86 / 614.21

I backed it to down 542 / 612 and it's running smooth as butter. Are these pretty normal results. Anything I can do better you think? It's using stock cooling in an antec lanboy case.

motherboard is an abit KN8
 
its not a bad oc..especially on the memory...however you might want to get around 570/600 or something because i think that will give you better results in games/benchmarks...
 
I am pretty new to video overclocking, all I did was let ati tool do it's thing. How would I go about getting the core higher? I know my abit board has voltage settings for agp, etc..
 
Did you get that at the Microcenter deal? I picked up the same card and getting 560/620, but not completly stable yet. The core is very weak on this batch of these cards. I haven't seen anyone get very good results on the cores of the recent X850XT's. The memory overclocks great thou. I was always under the impression the memory was more important speed wise than the core?
 
masterbs1 said:
Did you get that at the Microcenter deal? I picked up the same card and getting 560/620, but not completly stable yet. The core is very weak on this batch of these cards. I haven't seen anyone get very good results on the cores of the recent X850XT's. The memory overclocks great thou. I was always under the impression the memory was more important speed wise than the core?

yeha people say its better to have a higher memory because it allows you to run af with less impact in fps...but its best to get an equilibrium between both core and mem...or get them quite similar..
 
I am getting 569/594 so far, but I think it will go higher. Not a huge overclock, but the price was right. I honestly never run the card fully overclocked anyways.
 
masterbs1 said:
Did you get that at the Microcenter deal? I picked up the same card and getting 560/620, but not completly stable yet. The core is very weak on this batch of these cards. I haven't seen anyone get very good results on the cores of the recent X850XT's. The memory overclocks great thou. I was always under the impression the memory was more important speed wise than the core?

Yup Microcenter in Westmont, IL, can't beat 189.00 with a darn stick!
 
Back
Top