overburning.

I had a mpeg file that was an mpeg 2 779 meg file...i wanted to burn it as raw data....just slap it on there and call it a day...so i run nero and my overburn was checked....but it keeps spitting out the cd at me saying put in a cd with sufficient space....so a couple people told me to convert the mpeg to bin and cue and nero will burn....uhhhhh okay thats where the problem lies...how do i convert the mpeg to bin and cue????I have tried a few different programs with no success and I would greatoly appreciate any help ytou guys could offer.thank you in advance.

You can't burn 779mbs onto a 80minute cd(700mb), even if you bin/cue(all thats doing is making a cd image nothing different then plain burning), overburn will allow 10-15mbs depending on the cd media but not 79mbs.

you can just burn it as svcd and whenever you need it open it in explorer and extract the file from the MPEGAV folder.

unless you can find a way to burn in mode2(no error correction) without vcd/svcd then that will allow you to burn 800mbs on a 80minute(700mb) cd.

i havent looked into burning in mode2 without vcd/svcd so cant help you any further.

i have burnt a 754 meg bin and cue...just last week...i dont know why it isnt working now.....people say because it is just raw media...and it needs to be binned

and it was plain data, ex: mp3s/.exe files/.mpg? or was it a svcd/vcd?

k yea, VCD/SVCD uses Mode2 to burn its data, with Mode2 a cd uses the extra 100mbs for the vcd/svcd data. For normal audio/data cds you can't use that extra 100mbs because its for error correction.

Just burn as svcd and extract the .mpeg file from the MPEGAV folder when you need it.

Back