Over-Clocking 1070 TI

Anyone have experience in overclocking one? Any Suggestions? is it worth it? I fairly new to it - any feedback would be awesome.

My Current Rig Specs are listed below.

I7-7700 K PROCESSOR
750 Watt Power supply
ASROCK Z270 KILLER SLI
Geforce 1070 TI
16 gigs ram
ACER XG270 27 inch 144 htz 1440 p

Thanks!

Shouldn't have any problems overclocking, I've read and watched reviews of people getting them to stock 1080 performance. What brand is it?

Use a program called MSI Afterburner. Make sure you adjust the fan curve before you start your overclocking. Overclock your GPU core +5 increments until your system crashes, then dial it down until its stable. Keep and eye on your temps, I wouldn't let it go over 75c.

You can find a ton of tutorials on YouTube. Pauls Hardware has a good overclocking tutorial.

Shouldn't have any problems overclocking, I've read and watched reviews of people getting them to stock 1080 performance. What brand is it?

Use a program called MSI Afterburner. Make sure you adjust the fan curve before you start your overclocking. Overclock your GPU core +5 increments until your system crashes, then dial it down until its stable. Keep and eye on your temps, I wouldn't let it go over 75c.

You can find a ton of tutorials on YouTube. Pauls Hardware has a good overclocking tutorial.

---
- Thanks man, I am currently running a Nivida 1070 TI - Brand is actually Nivida

---
- Thanks man, I am currently running a Nivida 1070 TI - Brand is actually Nivida

Is it the blower style cooler?

Here is a overclocking guide. Remember to tick the "Prefer Maximum Performance" in the Nvidia Control panel.

Also, if you're not keen on touching your clocks just yet manually, you can set your overclocking program, Afterbuner or Precision X to temp priority, with a heavy fan curve, this will tell the GPU to clock itself higher to the maximum temp you set the priority to, it shouldn't ever reach that temp though. I have mine set at maximum temp of 82c but it rarely gets to 72c because I limit it to 60fps on a 60hz monitor using Rivatuner that comes with MSI afterburner.

Last edited:
My 1080 routinely gets to 80C when I'm at max settings in game and haven't had any issues -- I also used to have a 1070ti and I think 80C is normal -- let us know how it goes!
This is also not a bad guide:

Is it the blower style cooler?

Here is a overclocking guide. Remember to tick the "Prefer Maximum Performance" in the Nvidia Control panel.

Also, if you're not keen on touching your clocks just yet manually, you can set your overclocking program, Afterbuner or Precision X to temp priority, with a heavy fan curve, this will tell the GPU to clock itself higher to the maximum temp you set the priority to, it shouldn't ever reach that temp though. I have mine set at maximum temp of 82c but it rarely gets to 72c because I limit it to 60fps on a 60hz monitor using Rivatuner that comes with MSI afterburner.

---
Thank you again, At first I crashed it, but I was able to find the sweet spot and no issues. Thank you again for all the help! It is a blow styler cooler.

Back