Over 1,500 new features for Google Chrome

New features? Silly Google -- extensions are not "new features".

chrome is great for sharepoint and works better with ms websites than IE

its much faster than ie

i had tons of errors with firefox, timeouts etc that chrome has helped with

if your like me and chrome 1 sucked... try chrome 4 its much better!

Chrome is the absolute fastest .. imho

And when I am clicking around on FB doing Mafia Wars jobs.. it make a big difference!! :eek:

i hate chrome so much. maybe this will help me like it more.

it just crashes all the time, and has no features. it makes me miss my firefox add-ons. i have to use it, though, cuz firefox just slows down my eeePC with windows 7 ultimate way too much. chrome is definitely faster if nothing else. anyway, looking forward to giving this a try!

I like Chrome, except for the fact that Adblock is neutered (it can't stop ads from being downloaded, only hides them) and there's no possibility of Noscript unless they change the way extensions work.

Noscript has saved my butt more times than I can count, and without that, I simply won't use Chrome.

FF 3.6 is my preferred browser.. and the lack of rendering speed compared to Chrome does not bother me, esp. with my system specs as i don't notice any discernible difference. FF is just the better overall browser...

I'm using the adblock extension lol. I bet google loves that. Blocking out all of their ads in their own browser.

More companies need to realize that people who install ad blockers, are the people who generally don't go around clicking on ads anyway :)

Exactly, if I want to buy items I go directly to the sites that have them or I Google it. I don't mind at all the way Google does the ads, I have to admit that Google does such a good job of embedding the ads, that if I'm not totally awake I click through, but the flashing ,moving ads annoy me. I will hunt down any program that will get rid of them.

Odd, it says extensions don't work with my version of Chrome, then I click download the new version and it still says they won't work.

Exactly, if I want to buy items I go directly to the sites that have them or I Google it. I don't mind at all the way Google does the ads, I have to admit that Google does such a good job of embedding the ads, that if I'm not totally awake I click through, but the flashing ,moving ads annoy me. I will hunt down any program that will get rid of them.

Same here and same here. I've never bought something through an ad in my entire life. Every single item I order I price search to find the cheapest + shipping.

Also... those animated adds make me want to remove whatever site I see them on from my bookmarks. Know how hard it is to read an article or post while a monkey is dancing around or some retarded totally unrelated animation is playing? Not to mention when I'm mousing over text as I read it and a mini window pops up blocking my view with a tiny x button I have to find to get rid of it. Advertising is getting more and more annoying!

Originally Posted by Jakalwarrior
Goto the wrench and go to "About Google Chrome". Then restart the browser.

and I quote from the video

and there is no need to restart the browser

LIES!

But I love google and will prob download when I get home.

So Chrome now has AdBlocker and NoScript? I'd consider switching if it did. Though if Adblocker still downloads but hides them, it's still better to use FireFox.

Why don't you guys use Privoxy? It works on all browsers and blocks absolutely everything. Even the very annoying adds before movies on gametrailers, and other sites.

"Features"? Really?

Anyway, Chrome is an alright browser, and it's replaced IE as my secondary / backup browser. But I just don't like it enough to use it every day.

Like most of you guys out there, ive swapped it out.

Kyle, ohh your right.

But i know a kid that rocks, like really rocks, but he is still immature, doesnt do exactly what you want, and isnt that reliable, but it grows, get slower but you trust it more, does what you want.
Maybe it will stay fast, maybe not, i know im probally gonna switch in a year or so when it does what i want it to :)

and I quote from the video

LIES!

But I love google and will prob download when I get home.

you dont need to restart the browser to use newly installed extensions.

you DO need to restart to upgrade Chrome

chrome is great for sharepoint and works better with ms websites than IE

its much faster than ie

i had tons of errors with firefox, timeouts etc that chrome has helped with

if your like me and chrome 1 sucked... try chrome 4 its much better!

This section of the forums brought to you by Google... XD

So Chrome now has AdBlocker and NoScript? I'd consider switching if it did. Though if Adblocker still downloads but hides them, it's still better to use FireFox.

Waiting for NoScript and ABP myself. Even then I still won't use creepy Chrome, I will use Iron lol

Since Google is such a good Marketing Profiler,:eek: is their something I should know about Chrome before I start using it.:D

I would assume it has something to do with all of them participating in or admitting to adblocking. I believe that's a major no-no around here.

If this site wishes to it could be set up to block anyone coming here if using an Adblocker or am I wrong in that it can't be done or is their a no-no I'm not aware of.

Oh no!! It has extensions now!!!

...guess the number 1 reason a lot of you Chrome lovers hate Firefox for applies to Chrome now. Looks like you're stuck without the interwebz!!!111one1two?

:p

Of course, I'm being a smart ass. I like both Chrome and Firefox - and would probably be using Chrome right now if their extensions and extension system was a bit more fleshed out. Also, I hope they offer the ability to make the browser look exactly how I want it to look soon. The "themes" part of Chrome is severely lacking.

For now, I'm sticking with Firefox...but I do feel that I'll eventually switch to Chrome if they get some of the customization features a bit fixed up.

Oh no!! It has extensions now!!!

...guess the number 1 reason a lot of you Chrome lovers hate Firefox for applies to Chrome now. Looks like you're stuck without the interwebz!!!111one1two?

:p

Of course, I'm being a smart ass. I like both Chrome and Firefox - and would probably be using Chrome right now if their extensions and extension system was a bit more fleshed out. Also, I hope they offer the ability to make the browser look exactly how I want it to look soon. The "themes" part of Chrome is severely lacking.

For now, I'm sticking with Firefox...but I do feel that I'll eventually switch to Chrome if they get some of the customization features a bit fixed up.

wut?

Why in the hell would that be a reason to dislike Chrome? If you don't like extensions, don't use them.

wut?

Why in the hell would that be a reason to dislike Chrome? If you don't like extensions, don't use them.

...no kidding. That was my point. I was referencing the people who would say, "I like Chrome better because Firefox is so bloated with a million add-ons..." ;)

I'll switch over to chrome when and if they stop trying to send data back to Google and gather information so that I get "personalized browsing experience". I know what I want/need to buy; I don't need a browser/company trying to figure out what I like. Freaking hate that.

Chrome is my favorite browser. Super fast and reliable. Been using it since its first update.

I'm currently in Chrome after looking at a few of the extension updates. The smooth scroll add-on now works perfectly, much like "Yet Another Smooth Scrolling" for Firefox. I'm also really liking some of the Facebook extensions. I'll be doing another extended usage session with Chrome. I guess I'll see if I end up going back to Firefox again, or if Chrome really does it for me this time.

I would assume it has something to do with all of them participating in or admitting to adblocking. I believe that's a major no-no around here.

Isn't it silly to ban people for using the most popular add-on in FireFox? In FireFox, when I go to add new plugins and select most popular, ABP is the most popular, followed by NoScript and Video DownloadHelper.

To me, it seems people just don't wanna see the seizure inducing ads that a lot of websites have. Not to mention how much of a security risk they often are. CNN.com had a problem with them. When Blizzard introduced ads to their forum, there were ads for gold selling, which also hacked accounts. A number of websites had ads that were harmful.

The reason this happens is because the ads aren't hosted on websites, but it's also the reason why they can be so easily blocked. So the web admins put faith in the advertising companies to handle their ads. A lazy mistake if you ask me.

Isn't it silly to ban people for using the most popular add-on in FireFox? In FireFox, when I go to add new plugins and select most popular, ABP is the most popular, followed by NoScript and Video DownloadHelper.

To me, it seems people just don't wanna see the seizure inducing ads that a lot of websites have. Not to mention how much of a security risk they often are. CNN.com had a problem with them. When Blizzard introduced ads to their forum, there were ads for gold selling, which also hacked accounts. A number of websites had ads that were harmful.

The reason this happens is because the ads aren't hosted on websites, but it's also the reason why they can be so easily blocked. So the web admins put faith in the advertising companies to handle their ads. A lazy mistake if you ask me.

well i think seasonic and ratpadz, etc are more trustworthy companies than "omg huge penis growth supplement hormone revitalizer now!" hopefully we wont be getting any viruses on [H]. :)

anyway, are people really getting banned for using adblock here? if so then im really disappointed. i guess it's kyles right to do so, but it just seems so totalitarian, so Equilibrium. i use it on my desktop in FF, but i only access [H] on my netbook in Chrome. that makes me ok right? you can ban my desktop if you want kyle, but let me keep my lappy access! oh and i bought a ratpadz so that counts for something right? :p

Back