Outlook recover contacts

Gun_Strife

2[H]4U
hey guys I was woundering if there is any way to get your contacts back for outlook express, i reinstalled windows and would like to know if this is possible thanks in advance

Assuming you didn't back up any of the data from OE, and you are not a client of an Exchange server (which I believe OE doesn't support anyway) I can't think of any way to do that...

If you user's profile directory from the previous install is still intact, just search for .wab files. Take the one you find and import it into your current user profile.

yea nothing was backed up cause they told me they had everything they needed yesterday then today asked me about it

thanks alot that got them back
this might be asking for a miracle bout how bout messages, any idea if i can get those back i tried to import them like i did with contacts but it gave me an error

OE uses a .dbx file to store messages. If you got the contacts back chances are the messages may still be there as well.

The messages are usually stored in a location like this:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{4E3254D7-522B-412B-9296-3F4767B3A2CB}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

The values in the { } can vary by user and there should only be one. Check both if there is more than one.

If the dbx files are there then you just need to start up OE with them in that folder and they should readd.

Alternatively once you locate the files you can try the manual File -> Import wizard. I think youd want to chose from OE <vers> and a file store. Just point it to the dbx files.

Back