outlook express forwarding pictures issue

cyr0n_k0r

Supreme [H]ardness
this is a problem my uncle is having. I have never seen outlook express do this (plus I dont forward pictures) so I dont know how to fix it. Here is what happends.

If he sends a picture to someone as an attachment from his HD it works fine.
If he forwards himself an email he recieved that has pics in it it works fine.
However, when he forwards other people messages he has recieved from other people that has pictures in it.. the email the person he forwarded it to doesn't display the pictures.. just red x's.

What is causing this?

cyr0n_k0r said:
this is a problem my uncle is having. I have never seen outlook express do this (plus I dont forward pictures) so I dont know how to fix it. Here is what happends.

If he sends a picture to someone as an attachment from his HD it works fine.
If he forwards himself an email he recieved that has pics in it it works fine.
However, when he forwards other people messages he has recieved from other people that has pictures in it.. the email the person he forwarded it to doesn't display the pictures.. just red x's.

What is causing this?

I do not use OE, but I have seen this issue with other mail clients. The reason the attachments are not going through is because the actual image files are not attached to the email. He will either need to manually attach the images to the forwarded email, or perhaps OE has a setting such that it will automatically reattach the attachments to the forwarded email (I know gmail does this by default).

anyone know if OE has this feature. I have looked in all the settings but I see nothing that deals with attachments.

Back