Outlook express and password

Status
Not open for further replies.

r_shortt

Limp Gawd
Ok before I get flamed my friggin ISP upgraded their mail server and lost access to resetting or any admin rights to my email account (2 years ago). (they are tools cause i'm pretty sure they could just passwd acountname password from root) With that said. I'm not trying to hack into an email acount. I had the password for it and formatted due to exploding caps and a new mobo. So I backed up my messages and formated hoping to just my ISP could reset my password by now. No such luck its been over a week now... So I'm gonna try and attack it a different way. I have my account settings and registry settings from my account before I formatted (but it might be older then 2 years : ( ) so i could find the registry entry which stores the password so I can copy and paste the hash

I found
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Account Manager\Accounts\
they have password2 hex entry but no luck copy and pasting to it

r_shortt said:
Ok before I get flamed my friggin ISP upgraded their mail server and lost access to resetting or any admin rights to my email account (2 years ago). (they are tools cause i'm pretty sure they could just passwd acountname password from root) With that said. I'm not trying to hack into an email acount. I had the password for it and formatted due to exploding caps and a new mobo. So I backed up my messages and formated hoping to just my ISP could reset my password by now. No such luck its been over a week now... So I'm gonna try and attack it a different way. I have my account settings and registry settings from my account before I formatted (but it might be older then 2 years : ( ) so i could find the registry entry which stores the password so I can copy and paste the hash

I found
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Account Manager\Accounts\
they have password2 hex entry but no luck copy and pasting to it

Call your ISP until they change your password for you or change ISPs

You shouldn't need to 'hack' your own password. Thats just bad customer service.

I wouldn't expect to find your password in the registry, either. Most likely its/was stored in a file somewhere either in the program folder or in your documents and settings folder somewhere.

sorry this really does cross the line of topics that can be discussed
while your application is likely legitimate, it is defacto hacking and this is a public forum
of course private messages are another matter,
and there are other places to research or ask this question

sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back