Outlook Exchange Server Backup

I am doing a little work for a small law office in town. They run windows small business server standard w/ exchange server. They use outlook to store their contacts, calendars, task lists, journals, etc.

This is my first time using exchange and I'm actually not clear if the data is stored on the server running exchange, or on one of the clients running outlook. Either way, I need a way to backup their Outlook data (calendars, contacts, etc). How would I go about doing this? Do I backup one user's Outlook data, or do I backup something on the server?

Any help or explainations would be greatly appreciated

Jay

MourningWould said:
I am doing a little work for a small law office in town. They run windows small business server standard w/ exchange server. They use outlook to store their contacts, calendars, task lists, journals, etc.

This is my first time using exchange and I'm actually not clear if the data is stored on the server running exchange, or on one of the clients running outlook. Either way, I need a way to backup their Outlook data (calendars, contacts, etc). How would I go about doing this? Do I backup one user's Outlook data, or do I backup something on the server?

Any help or explainations would be greatly appreciated

Jay

That depends on how their Outlook is connected to the Exchange box. Are they pop3 accounts or IMAP accounts?

If they are IMAP accounts then you can simply backup the server which will backup everyone's email.

Back