Outlook Contacts vs People... GRAGHGH

Flapjack

2[H]4U
Maybe I'm slow, but I've finally figured out why my contacts in Exchange are such a giant clusterfuck. What I missed, as apparently "People" is a thing in Win10 and Outlook 2016, and any changes I thought I was making to my actual email "Contacts" was actually being saved in People. I hate People (note capitalization... though 99% of the populace is also at risk for my hatred).

I want it gone. My PC is NOT a cell phone. I do not want to share contacts at all. I already spend an inordinate amount of time trying to get my phone to ONLY see my Exchange contacts, requiring amazing feats and travails to keep the whole thing synced, and other contacts from popping up where they don't belong (or shouldn't exist).

The worst part is, this is just another intrusion on MS's part. They want my apps to be able to "share" things. I choose to share things... not my apps.

Can anyone help? If this is something I can do in a GPO, that would be even better!

Update:
I've removed the "People" app via PowerShell, as well as disabled the Outlook Social Connector via GPO. Hopefully this does the trick.

Back