Outlook 2003 script/macro needed

xXaNaXx

Gawd
hey guys, i need a macro or script created for Outlook 2003 to make things a bit easier/quicker at work.

we remotely monitor equipment in the field, and each piece of equipment has its own I.D. number.....when one of those pieces of equipment goes offline (or reports any number of other errors), it sends us an email, and the same thing happens when it comes back online. we have a seperate folder that each of these different types of errors gets sorted to automatically.

what i want to be able to do is manually run a macro or script on the emails in any specific folder that i choose, which will compare the time/date the error was recorded against the time/date the error cleared, and if the cleared is newer than the recorded, it will delete them both.

i have included a partial screenshot of the subject lines of one of these folders as a visual reference to what i'm talking about (with non-essential company-specific information blacked out, of course):

outlook.jpg

it doesn't necessarily need to be written so that it compares specific words in each email's subject line, as long as it compares subject lines that are identical to each other, with the exception of the words "recorded" and "cleared"...and as i mentioned before, it needs to be written so that i can choose which folder (or folders) to run it in. it must not be written to run automatically, it has to be ran manually, so we do not accidentally miss something that we need to see.

i have no way to write/test the script/macro (not that i really know where to start anyway) at work because our IT group has macros/scripts disabled (although they say they will add it to our approved macro/script list if i can figure out a way to get it, and it works), and i don't use MS Outlook at home, so i can't test it there either.

TIA

still no replies to any of the other threads on other sites.....surely someone can do this?

Back