• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Outlook 2003 immediately closes upon being opened

bigspice

n00b
Joined
Mar 19, 2005
Messages
24
i just upgraded from office 2000 to 2003 and have started having a weird problem. Whenever I open Outlook 2003, it pops up, then immediately closes.
If I can click on an email really quick, it wont close.
every few attempts, It wont open at all and I get an error message "Operation Failed"
im running XP w/ SP2 and ive installed the office SP1 and all the latest updates.
also, ive run adaware, spybot, and a virus scan.
also, around the same time, I installed activesync 3.8 for my pda

anyone else experience this?
thanks
 
It seems like I've had some weird problems with programs closing after upgraded activesync. Mine didn't do it all the time though, and it wasn't just Outlook.

For me, it seemed NOT to happen if my pda wasn't connected. You could try that and see if you can get it to open then. For a more thorough test, you could uninstall activesync to see if that helps you.

Last but not least, maybe try doing a fresh install of Office 2003. I've seen other weird problems caused by upgrading versus a fresh install so that may also be worth a shot.
 
Back
Top