Outlook 2003 gmail issue

drkavnger99

Limp Gawd
Ok I'm no n00b when it comes to windows or office but this is something I can't seem to fix. Every time I log out of my computer and log back in my gmail email account settings get changed. Pop3 goes from pop.gmail.com to localhost and username goes from [email protected] to [email protected]/pop.gmail.com .. Anyone else ever encountered this issue? I googled it and found ppl with similar issues but no resolution listed.

BTW running windows xp sp2 with all patches. Googledesktop 2 is possibly doing it I'm thinking but don't want to remove it if I don't have to (great email search tool for work).

Appreciate any help :)

I have Outlook 2K3 and GMail and never encountered that problem. I do not run that GoogleDesktop thingy

drizzt81 said:
I have Outlook 2K3 and GMail and never encountered that problem. I do not run that GoogleDesktop thingy

I dont' have this problem on my desktop running both outlook 2k3 and google desktop so I'm thinking its an outlook problem.

What AV software are you running? Chances are the AV software is using a "loopback" method to scan your incoming and outgoing emails.

Actually, it sounds almost like you have a POP3 proxy server installed on your computer. I would examine msconfig settings very carefully to ensure you don't have such a program running.

SJConsultant's response is a distinct possibility as well.

Back